Wednesday, February 6

Good News

My brother CJ was declared cancer-free this afternoon.

It actually happened earlier than that. This morning he mentioned to me that he had "the doctor's appointment" where he would learn about the results of his bone marrow biopsy. I asked him if he had looked at the results yet. I wondered since I had learned about the results of his last biopsy, even before his doctor did, through the online patient health portal. He hadn't looked, and told me he didn't want to know.

I wanted to know, so I logged into the My Health portal, pulled up the pathology report, and scrolled down until I read the words "there is no indication of malignancy..."

He just heard the good news, and gave me the okay to tell the world.

Thank you to everyone who has kept him, and my family, in your prayers. This experience has been a huge blessing in our life and has given us a multitude of opportunities to learn and grow.

4 comments:

  1. David,
    So glad to hear it, bro! I had a sister who, 20 years ago, did not have such a positive prognosis. But congrats, man. So glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! What a blessing!
    ~Will & Azalea

    ReplyDelete

Comment Rules:

(G)MG is how I write to you. Commenting is one way to write to me.

If you want your comment published: No swearing, graphic content, name-calling of any kind, or outbound links to anything but official Church sites.

In addition, comments must be 100% relevant, funny, uplifting, helpful, friendly... well-written, concise, and true. Disparaging comments often don't meet those standards. Comments on (G)MG are personal notes to me, not part of a comment war. You are not entitled to have your ideas hosted on my personal blog. There are a zillion places for that, and only one (G)MG.

And I'd suggest writing your comment in Word and pasting it. That way Blogger won't eat it if it's over the word limit.