Thursday, June 20

All I've Ever Wanted...

... is to be a missionary, a husband, and a father.

That's it.

If I can have those, I don't need anything else. I don't want to be rich, or famous, or the instigator behind a massive change in the world. I don't want an Olympic medal or a glamorous job. I'll be okay living with just enough to get by, wherever and however it happens... maybe teaching Primary for a couple of decades.

I realized that I've been stressing about things in life that don't really matter to me - what I'm going to do professionally... how I'm going to fix our broken sprinkler system... thoughts about my business... mundane things like that - when I have pretty much everything I need in life already.

I may not be married, or really understand how I could fall in love with a girl just yet... but hey - there's nothing wrong with not understanding yet. That's where faith comes in. And in the meantime...

I have great opportunities to share the peace and hope I've found in life, time to spend with my family, and the promise that, if I'm faithful, I'll receive every blessing God has in store for me. I already am a missionary, and slowly I'm developing the skills to hopefully be an awesome father & husband someday. Pretty cool.

*sigh*

Life is good.

5 comments:

  1. *sigh* (smiling - nodding head in the affirmative) Yep :) ........


    High five! ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this blog. It gives me a lot of hope for my friends and family who have same-gender attraction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great attitude. Hang in there. You'll figure it out. Just keep your standards high and you'll never regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband said the exact same thing as a teenager. He held on strong and is now a returned missionary, husband, and hopefully a father sometime soon. Keep going strong. As for the falling in love, don't worry about that, the right girl won't care at all. You'll find blessings that come from your trial that make your relationship stronger than you could have ever imagined. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Rules:

(G)MG is how I write to you. Commenting is one way to write to me.

If you want your comment published: No swearing, graphic content, name-calling of any kind, or outbound links to anything but official Church sites.

In addition, comments must be 100% relevant, funny, uplifting, helpful, friendly... well-written, concise, and true. Disparaging comments often don't meet those standards. Comments on (G)MG are personal notes to me, not part of a comment war. You are not entitled to have your ideas hosted on my personal blog. There are a zillion places for that, and only one (G)MG.

And I'd suggest writing your comment in Word and pasting it. That way Blogger won't eat it if it's over the word limit.