Thursday, November 18

Warning: this post is on priorities

Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy.

I've been looking at my priorities lately and wondering where I spend my effort and my time. I write here 2 out of 3 days, am behind on posting 200 comments, listen to and read the scriptures, spend my requisite 8 hours trying to find a way to meaningfully improve the world... But what am I accomplishing? What are my goals in life? And if someone stopped me on the street and asked me to tell them about my life, what would I say? So I've written something that lots of people have read. Maybe helped others in their lives. I guess I just need a change in scenery. Something novel to catch my attention and distract me from thinking too much. I'll take that to the temple the next time I go: dear Lord, what more should I be doing in life?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes when I ask the Lord that question I'm reminded to reframe it a little, because sometimes it's more "what should I be doing INSTEAD," or "what am I doing that needs to fall by the wayside." It's not always a question of doing MORE. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to encourage you, mormon guy. I can tell that you are struggling with what to write here on this blog. I think you are struggling because you are thinking about it wrong. You are not writing this to help others that are struggling with the same issues, although many will gain strength from reading your words. You are writing this blog because of how it makes you feel. Writing this blog helps you. It gives you a place to write your spiritual insights, which is one of the prerequisites to receiving more spiritual insight. Take courage! Continue writing what you find important.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Rules:

(G)MG is how I write to you. Commenting is one way to write to me.

If you want your comment published: No swearing, graphic content, name-calling of any kind, or outbound links to anything but official Church sites.

In addition, comments must be 100% relevant, funny, uplifting, helpful, friendly... well-written, concise, and true. Disparaging comments often don't meet those standards. Comments on (G)MG are personal notes to me, not part of a comment war. You are not entitled to have your ideas hosted on my personal blog. There are a zillion places for that, and only one (G)MG.

And I'd suggest writing your comment in Word and pasting it. That way Blogger won't eat it if it's over the word limit.