Monday, September 6

Exhaustion. And Cleaning.

Sometimes I write and the entire process is amazing. Life makes more sense and I feel like I have something to share with the world.

And then some nights I am absolutely exhausted. I have nothing worthwhile to say, and I just want to go to sleep. Tonight is one of them. I try to find excuses to not write. It's a holiday. Maybe people don't read blogs on holidays. Or maybe bloggers take holidays off, just like everyone else. As I said, I just want to go to sleep. But as I'm developing a good excuse to not read, I realize that going to sleep means not reading my scriptures (I haven't yet today). It means that maybe someone who needed to read what I would write today wouldn't have that opportunity. And my mind attaches to those two pieces of potential and going to sleep isn't an option. So I convince myself that I'll read my scriptures as soon as I finish writing, and then go to sleep as soon as I finish reading.

I spent most of today cleaning. The scriptures say that cleanliness is next to godliness. I think it's easier to feel the Spirit (and hence overcome temptation) in a clean place. To me, there's a palpable emotional and spiritual difference between a clean room and one that desperately needs cleaning. That's it. If you're having a rough time, or know someone who is, try cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Rules:

(G)MG is how I write to you. Commenting is one way to write to me.

If you want your comment published: No swearing, graphic content, name-calling of any kind, or outbound links to anything but official Church sites.

In addition, comments must be 100% relevant, funny, uplifting, helpful, friendly... well-written, concise, and true. Disparaging comments often don't meet those standards. Comments on (G)MG are personal notes to me, not part of a comment war. You are not entitled to have your ideas hosted on my personal blog. There are a zillion places for that, and only one (G)MG.

And I'd suggest writing your comment in Word and pasting it. That way Blogger won't eat it if it's over the word limit.