Saturday, October 2

The 180th Semiannual General Conference of the Church...

I'm sitting here, listening as the Tabernacle sings, "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet"... and thinking how incredibly thankful I am for the gospel in my life, for the Prophet Joseph Smith, for a living prophet today.

I'm grateful for everything in my life. For the incredible trials, for the amazing heights, for the things that I can do, for the abilities I have to touch the lives of people around me. With the gospel in my life, I see a greater perspective. I find peace in living the principles of the gospel and receiving blessings from Heaven. I listen to the Spirit... and the Lord speaks peace and joy to my heart.

Ultimately, the greatest reason I love the gospel, and for which I'm thankful, is the pathway that has been given. The commandments that come with promised blessings... which blessings are what keep me alive from day to day.

Like Elder Holland in his talk, I am grateful for everything in this Church. Yes, we can do better. But I am grateful for the blessings I have seen, and the possibilities that the gospel creates for me.

...and love to obey Thy command.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Rules:

(G)MG is how I write to you. Commenting is one way to write to me.

If you want your comment published: No swearing, graphic content, name-calling of any kind, or outbound links to anything but official Church sites.

In addition, comments must be 100% relevant, funny, uplifting, helpful, friendly... well-written, concise, and true. Disparaging comments often don't meet those standards. Comments on (G)MG are personal notes to me, not part of a comment war. You are not entitled to have your ideas hosted on my personal blog. There are a zillion places for that, and only one (G)MG.

And I'd suggest writing your comment in Word and pasting it. That way Blogger won't eat it if it's over the word limit.