Friday, October 29

Simple Indulgences

I think it's really important to find ways to splurge in life on things that are inherently good. To find things that I value and enjoy... and that, perhaps I wouldn't normally do, but sometimes feel the desire to do anyway. Like going to sleep tonight without writing a lengthy post here. I could spend the time writing, and maybe something good would come out. But I've been going without a break since early, early this morning (it's after midnight) and tomorrow is another busy day. So I'm going to pray, go to sleep, and post tomorrow.

In the meantime, there are 89 other posts you can read (or re-read) tonight or tomorrow morning; maybe one will match what you need to hear. You can try using the search bar or the tag list (I've been trying to tag posts with topic headings, but many of them don't have tags yet) or just read something at random. But that's enough writing. I really am going to splurge and go to sleep without writing any more. Really.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't feel obliged to post daily!

    Both for just logistic and creative sanity reasons,and also because then I'll have to catch up on 730 posts when I get back from my mission!

    :P

    I'm selfish, I know.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Rules:

(G)MG is how I write to you. Commenting is one way to write to me.

If you want your comment published: No swearing, graphic content, name-calling of any kind, or outbound links to anything but official Church sites.

In addition, comments must be 100% relevant, funny, uplifting, helpful, friendly... well-written, concise, and true. Disparaging comments often don't meet those standards. Comments on (G)MG are personal notes to me, not part of a comment war. You are not entitled to have your ideas hosted on my personal blog. There are a zillion places for that, and only one (G)MG.

And I'd suggest writing your comment in Word and pasting it. That way Blogger won't eat it if it's over the word limit.