Sunday, August 8

Sharing the Light

I've been touched by some of the comments I've read and emails I've received since beginning this blog. I knew these messages were needed, but I never thought that it would happen so soon... or that the experiences and feelings I shared would be so personal to the people around me. For a long time I thought I was completely alone. Now I am realizing that we are all in this fight together. We have to stick together, support each other, and stand against the forces of the adversary.

But I am also realizing that I can't do it alone. I can write blog entries, be friends with as many people as time permits, and pray each night for guidance and help, but there are still people out there, silently suffering. People I can't touch, who know that God exists but, like most of us have, wonder if He has abandoned them to live a cursed life forever.

Together, we can change that. It may take some time, but the message of the gospel, of repentance and faith and hope and salvation, is the most important thing we can share. And as our forces grow, our ability to help others rise will grow as well. Look inside yourself. If you've been touched by something I've written, or if the Lord has helped you in your struggles, then please find a way to share it with someone else who is struggling. It may be terrifying to help others, but the Lord will help you find a way. And as you do, I know that the Lord will give you greater strength to overcome your own trials, greater love for the people who surround you, and a greater ability to share the light with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Rules:

(G)MG is how I write to you. Commenting is one way to write to me.

If you want your comment published: No swearing, graphic content, name-calling of any kind, or outbound links to anything but official Church sites.

In addition, comments must be 100% relevant, funny, uplifting, helpful, friendly... well-written, concise, and true. Disparaging comments often don't meet those standards. Comments on (G)MG are personal notes to me, not part of a comment war. You are not entitled to have your ideas hosted on my personal blog. There are a zillion places for that, and only one (G)MG.

And I'd suggest writing your comment in Word and pasting it. That way Blogger won't eat it if it's over the word limit.